玉露焙じ茶 香焙 Gyokuro Hojicha KAHO Leaf
Premium Japanese tea,
Created by a tenth-level tea master.
Gyokuro hojicha (roasted Japanese green tea) is made from the carefully selected stems of first-flush gyokuro. Gyokuro hojicha is relatively mild and free from bitterness and astringency. The gyokuro stems are roasted at a lower temperature and for a shorter time than most other kinds of hojicha to bring out their natural sweetness and aroma. This roasting method requires a great deal of skill and expertise.
The production process is supervised from beginning to end by Mr. Shinya Yamaguchi. The tea plants are grown in Mr. Yamaguchi's hometown of Yame, Fukuoka, Kyushu. This area is especially famous for gyokuro, and Yame gyokuro has been voted the best in all of Japan for twelve consecutive years by the National Tea Appraisal Committee. For every 100kg of gyokuro, only 15kg of usable stems can be harvested, and since gyokuro hojicha uses only the stems of the gyokuro plant, only areas which produce large amounts gyokuro are able to produce enough raw material to manufacture gyokuro hojicha.
*Also available in a special gift box (¥2,700 w/tax)
- Type: Gyokuro hojicha (roasted Japanese green tea)
- Tea leaf origin: Yame, Fukuoka
- Tea leaf producer: Tenth-level tea master, Shinya Yamaguchi, 57th & 58th National Tea Appraisal Competition Winner
- Manufacturer serial no: RBT00H
- Net weight: 70g
- Gift box specifications: 8.5cm×18.6cm×6.8cm
Avoid high temperatures and humidity.
Avoid any transfer of aroma to the tea leaves.
How to brew Gyokuro Hojicha (one serving for three people)
Three ways to make Gyokuro Hojicha
For a deeply fragrant and luxurious flavour
- Amount of tea leaves: 6g
- Temperature of boiled water: 80℃
- Amount of boiled water: 220cc
- Infusion time: 40 seconds
To fully savour the essence of the tea
- Amount of tea leaves: 5g
- Temperature of boiled water: 80-90℃
- Amount of boiled water: 220cc ×2 cups
- Infusion time: First cup - 2min; second cup - 3min
For a gentle, aromatic flavour
- Amount of tea leaves: 3g
- Temperature of boiled water: 100℃ (hot, boiling water)
- Amount of boiled water: 220cc ×4 cups
- Infusion time: First cup - 30s; second cup - 30s; third cup - 45s; fourth cup - 1min
- Warm the tea set with boiled water.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot.
- Pour boiled water into the teapot.
- Let the tea steep for the recommended time.
- Carefully pour every last drop of the tea into the pitcher.
- Pour the tea from the pitcher into the teacups.
※How to get boiled water to a temperature of 80℃: Pour the freshly boiled water into the pitcher or teacups, allow the water to cool, then pour it into the teapot.
※If you use a teapot without a lid to make the tea, you will be able to further enjoy the tea’s fragrance,
※Please use clean, filtered water with a low mineral content. If using tap water, please use water that does not contain chlorine.
※ How to make iced tea: take half the amount of boiled water mentioned above and use the same method to make the tea, then pour the tea into teacups filled with ice cubes.