A rich, aromatic blend of flavour
The work of a 10th level tea master
Produced by a master craftsperson
Hoshino Village, situated near the Hoshino River in Yame, Fukuoka, is known for its high elevation, sparse population, and beautiful star-filled night skies. The surrounding area has a long history of tea cultivation and is especially renowned for producing high-quality gyokuro.
Mr. Shinya Yamaguchi (山口真也), who was born and raised in this area, is the winner of 57th and 58th Japanese National Tea Appraisal Competition and is the first person ever to win the competition twice in a row. He is also the youngest person ever to attain the tenth and highest rank of chashi (茶師) or “tea master”. Now Mr. Yamaguchi is working together with Royal Blue Tea to produce our gyokuro range.
A highly-refined roasting technique
While most hojicha is made by roasting low-grade sencha or bancha, KAHO is produced using the delicately roasted stems of first-flush gyokuro. The taste is light and mellow, without any bitterness or astringency, and the delicate roasting process, which requires a great deal of skill and expertise, is what gives this tea its sweet and gentle aroma. The result is a rich and satisfying blend that has received praise throughout the restaurant world.
※Glass not included
Infusion Time: 3 days
- Type: Green tea (lightly roasted green tea) / Gyokuro Hojicha 玉露焙じ茶
- Tea leaf origin: Yame, Fukuoka 福岡県八女市
- Tea leaf producer: tenth-level tea master, Shinya Yamaguchi (茶師十段, 山口真也), 57th & 58th National Tea Appraisal Competition Winner
- 1 bottle/750mL, tea beverage, store upright, keep refrigerated
- Best before date: 2 months from date of dispatch