Royal Darjeeling Rajah Deluxe
Sun, air, water, soil, birds, and beasts
Grown in harmony with nature
The classic taste of Darjeeling
Mystical, magical Makaibari
Founded in 1859, the Makaibari Tea Estate was the world`s first tea factory and the only Darjeeling tea estate never to have fallen under the control of the British. This historic tea estate is situated in a large area taking in four mountains and seven villages, yet only a third of the land is devoted to tea cultivation, with the remainder left blanketed in virgin forest. In the 1970s, the 4th owner of Makaibari, S.K. Banerjee, nicknamed “Rajah”, took over the estate and introduced sustainable biodynamic farming practices which are still in use today. The Makaibari approach means paying careful attention to each aspect of tea cultivation, including the gradient and soil of the tea planation, the amount of sunlight each leaf receives, and the quality of the tea plants, as well as adapting to yearly variations in climate.
Royal Blue Tea’s special mizudashi brewing process realizes the full potential of these hand-picked FOP leaves, which, to preserve their quality, are shipped from Darjeeling to Japan by air. Enjoy the real taste of the finest Darjeeling without the need for any special preparation or equipment with Royal Blue Tea.
※Glass not included
Infusion Time: 3 days
- Type: JAS-certified organic black tea/FTGFOP (fine tippy golden flowery orange pekoe)
- Tea leaf origin: Makaibari Tea Estate (India, West Bengal, Darjeeling)
- Cultivation method: Biodynamic farming
- Harvesting method: Hand-picked
- Tea leaf producer: Makaibari Tea Estate
- 1 Bottle/750ml, tea beverage, store upright, keep refrigerated
- Best before date: 2 months from date of dispatch