Royal Darjeeling Rajah Grand Leaf
The delicate scent of rose
A sweet harmony of flavour
The essence of Darjeeling
Rare and precious leaves
Grown on a special plantation on the venerable Makaibari Tea Estate and harvested at the beginning of spring, Silver Tips, which take their name from their delicate silver hairs, are some of the most prized leaves in all of Darjeeling. These fresh leaves, delicately rolled by hand, are not generally available on the marketplace and can usually only be purchased by special order.
A rich, invigorating sweetness
Anticipate the spellbinding taste of authentic Darjeeling, as these precious leaves unfurl in the teapot, releasing layers of delicious flavour.
*Also available as a 5-pack set presented in a special gift box (¥3,672 w/tax)
- Type: Silver Tips
JAS-certified organic black tea/FTGFOP-1S (fine tippy golden flowery orange pekoe - no.1 special)
- Tea leaf origin: Makaibari Tea Estate (India, West Bengal, Darjeeling)
- Cultivation method: Biodynamic farming
- Harvesting method: Hand-picked
- Tea leaf producer: Makaibari Tea Estate
- 1 pack/5 grams (one serving)
- Gift box size: 10.2cm×13.8 cm×6.8cm
Avoid high temperatures and humidity.
Avoid any transfer of aroma to the tea leaves.
- Boil some fresh water (or filtered water in some regions).
- Use some of the boiled water to warm the teapot and cups.
- Put 5g of leaves (enough for 2 cups) in the teapot, then add about 400cc of boiled water at a temperature of 100C°.
- Cover the tea pot with a tea cozy and let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into the cups. When pouring for more than 1 person, pour a small amount into each cup alternately to get a consistent colour and taste. Continue pouring until the last drop.
- After pouring the tea, leave it to cool for about 2 minutes before drinking. This way, you will be able to fully enjoy the delicious taste and aroma of Makaibari tea.