Royal Darjeeling Rajah Premium Leaf
Smooth, delicate, elegant
From beneath the midsummer moon
The ultimate Darjeeling
The secret of a record-breaking tea
Royal Darjeeling Rajah Premium is made using Silver Needles, the highest grade of black tea available at the historic Makaibari Tea Estate in Darjeeling, India. These exquisite leaves, named for their delicate silver hairs, are grown on a special plantation using biodynamic farming techniques and harvested just once a year under the full moon. The leaves are then delicately hand rolled by skilled artisans. From cultivation through to processing, every aspect of this tea’s production is carried out with the utmost emphasis on quality.
In July 2003, at a tea auction in Calcutta, a batch of Silver Needles was sold for the highest price ever recorded in the 150-year history of Darjeeling tea. This record has yet to be broken.
A refined and enriching experience
After taking in the deep, sparkling colour of this refined and luxurious tea, we invite you allow its smooth, elegant taste and delicate, floral bouquet to unfurl within your mouth and up into your nostrils, leaving behind a gentle, lingering afternote.
*Also available as a 5-pack set presented in a special gift box (¥8,532 w/tax)
- Type: Silver Needles
JAS-certified organic black tea/FTGFOP-1S (fine tippy golden flowery orange pekoe - no.1 special)
- Tea leaf origin: Makaibari Tea Estate (India, West Bengal, Darjeeling)
- Cultivation method: Biodynamic farming
- Harvesting method: Hand-picked
- Tea leaf producer: Makaibari Tea Estate
- 1 pack/5 grams (one serving)
- Gift box size: 10.2cm×13.8cm×6.8cm
Avoid high temperatures and humidity.
Avoid any transfer of aroma to the tea leaves.
- Boil some fresh water (or filtered water in some regions).
- Use some of the boiled water to warm the teapot and cups.
- Put 5g of leaves in the teapot, then add about 300cc of boiled water at a temperature of 100C°.
- Cover the tea pot with a tea cozy and let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into the cups. When pouring for more than 1 person, pour a small amount into each cup alternately to get a consistent colour and taste. Continue pouring until the last drop.
- After pouring the tea, leave it to cool for about 2 minutes before drinking. This way, you will be able to fully enjoy the delicious taste and aroma of Makaibari tea.